VEDA 2023 Graduate Programme – Civil Engineer
Deadline: May 31st, 2023
VEDA’s three-year graduate development programme offers you the chance to gain a broad appreciation of the civil and structural disciplines. You will have the opportunity to work within each of the engineering teams and develop essential engineering skills; design, site supervision, cost control, contract administration, assessments, project management, team management, supply chain management and client liaison.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities, learning from a highly talented, experienced and professional team within a friendly, fun and dynamic working atmosphere.
Our team are proud of the quality of work and service it delivers to its clients, and has a reputation for this.
You will be initially assigned to a team for a period of 2 years. Within the last 12 months, you will be given an opportunity to move between teams to gain broader experience. You will be offered a 1 x 12 months placement or 2 x 6 months placements.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree related to Civil/Structural Engineering
- Be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Understanding of AutoCAD is an advantage but is not essential
- Knowledge and the use of structural analysis and design software – Fastrak and TEDDS would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate and technically review reports
- Self-confident, positive, articulate, resilient. These skills are essential for the working environment and for client liaisons (e.g. meetings, presentations)
- A team player but also able to work on own initiative with a proactive and positive attitude towards working under pressure
- Student member of either the ICE or IStructE
- Industry placement experience is desirable but is not essential
- Be familiar with current design standards and working practices. Working knowledge of Eurocodes
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
- Our Graduates gain exposure to the full variety of services offered to our clients and take on responsibility in real, live project environments. You will work alongside experienced industry leading professionals at VEDA and many high-profile clients.
Our comprehensive three-year development programme includes:
- £27,000 per annum starting salary
- Incremental annual salary increases up to £33,000 in the final year
- 25-day holiday package
- Flexible Working Policy
- Roles available within the 4 divisions the company operates in – Civil/Rail, Bridges, Infrastructure/Geotechnical, Building/Structures
- A dynamic working environment
- One-to-one support from line managers, mentors, recent graduates and chartership advisors
- Networking opportunities internal and external
- Continual support with your professional development
- Access to regular CPD sessions and continual support with your professional development
Our expectation is that graduates achieve an Engineer status on completion of the programme. Discretionary promotions are earned on merit in relation to how graduates perform in their operational role, and their engagement with the core programme of training and development. Graduates who apply themselves across all areas to a high standard are recognised and rewarded.
"*" indicates required fields